Friday, April 3, 2009

Taxes

Ugh. Taxes.

I hate the word.

I just had to write a check to Uncle Sugar for quarterly taxes. The act of writing that check caused me to wonder again whether the idiots in DC understand or care that it is OUR money that they are spending.

If only we could eliminate withholding by the employer and make the citizens write that check to the Government, every month or every quarter, like the self-employed do. What an awakening that would cause in the electorate! We might even reduce the size of the bloated bureaucracy.

I sent my tea bag WRAPPER in to the White House. Written in bold Sharpie were the words "It is not your money!" No actual tea was sent, as it would probably flag me as a domestic terrorist. Come to think of it, just espousing traditional values nowadays brands one as a domestic terrorist.

Go figure.

Anyway, I wish the President long life and happiness in whatever he does after his term as the pretender-in-chief expires. Hopefully, that will be sooner rather than later. Short of Articles of Impeachment (not likely even in the most politically advantageous times), that day will be 1/20/2013.

I can hardly wait.

I plan on attending the National Tax Day Tea Party in DC on 4/15. If my shirt and flag arrive from Gadsden and Culpeper, then I will wearing one and flying the other...

See you on the Mall on 4/15.

Pax,

Newbius

No comments: