Monday, December 22, 2008

The Holidays

It’s been a month since I updated…

Thanksgiving is past. I have much to be thankful for. I have a home, a job, good health, and family. There have been many times this year when I have neglected to remember the things in life that I have, things that are good and right and bring me joy. I have been blessed in many ways and from unexpected sources. I am thankful that I have been asked to help lead the Sunday School class for our high school students at church. Working with them has been amazing. I have gotten to teach and mentor, but I have also learned a lot from them. If these kids are the future of America, we will be in pretty good hands.

Christmas is right around the corner. The presents are bought and wrapped. The cats are playing with the tree ornaments. Christmas music is playing in the house. There are cookies to bake and last-minute items to take care of, but basically the family is ready. Most importantly, though, we acknowledge that this is a celebration of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We’ll have a Christmas feast in anticipation of a feast yet to come. We’ll exchange gifts with each other in anticipation of the greater gifts stored up for us in heaven to receive. We’ll enjoy the company of each other and share good times in anticipation of the fellowship we’ll have one day with the Lord.

This Christmas, I wish all of you the very best. May your Holiday season be filled with joy and love and good times with family and friends. May you remember those who have gone before with fondness, and hold closely to you those who are dear.

With thanks, and joy, and love to you all,

Newbius

No comments: