Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Support those who support you

Yesterday I cleared out my email box of offers, spam, real messages, and news items from around the nation and world. Noteworthy is the regular email that I get from four groups I belong to: Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL), US Concealed Carry Association (USCCA), the National Rifle Association (NRA), and the Second Amendment Foundation (SAF). These emails detail the issues being worked in the fight for my rights. Why four? Because these groups educate, fight for and defend my right to self-defense at the personal, local, state and national levels.

USCCA is a great resource for news and information relating to carrying your weapon. They have informative videos, pamphlets, and forums to discuss the practical and legal issues involved when you make the decision to carry your gun.

VCDL works the local events, demonstrations, and gun shows; and also coordinates advocacy lobbying at the state legislature.

The NRA does education, instructor training, industry news, and lobbies at the state and federal levels. They also do some litigation work, but their primary arm working in the legal area is their Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) which scores politicians every election cycle.

The Second Amendment Foundation is focused on litigation at the state and federal level to roll back existing infringements on our rights. They were the people responsible for bringing you the McDonald decision, and were an amicus in Heller. SAF is currently working on landmark litigation in the strongholds of Jim Crow Gun Control areas like Massachusetts, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Illinois, Virginia, and Washington DC.

I value my civil rights. I have put my money where my beliefs are and I support these groups financially. If you value your Second Amendment civil rights, you should support them too. If you are not already a member of USCCA, your local and state organization, the NRA, and the SAF, then join them ASAP. These groups are working for your rights daily. They need your support. If you cannot send them money, donate your time and get active. Do it. Today.

Pax,

Newbius

No comments: