Sunday, July 18, 2010

Everyday Carry

Several other bloggers have posted about this meme. Since I am light on blog fodder today, I thought I would join in and play.

So here is the picture of the "junk on the bunk" when I empty out the pockets and places and things for the day:


"The Junk*"
Keys, Mini MagLite LED (AA), .45ACP pistol in DeSantis IWB holster, spare magazine in BLACKHAWK! carrier, 2 pens, wallet (no cash...I'm married), Kershaw Vapor folder, work and personal cell phones, Ka-Bar folder, iPod, gum, reading glasses, Leatherman multi-tool.

The pistol is an Astra A-100 which weighs 31.1 ounces empty. With a full magazine plus one in the chamber (9+1) the gun weighs 42 ounces fully loaded. The fully loaded spare mag weighs 10.2 ounces. The holster comes in at 7.5 ounces and the mag carrier weighs 1.8. Total carry weight for the system is 61.5 ounces (3 lbs, 13.5 ounces). Since I carry every day, I have gotten used to the weight. Note that I said "system". Any time you are carrying a firearm, you need to consider all of the accessories, and how much they weigh, too in order to have the ability you want.

Everything is a compromise. The above is what I am willing to carry to be prepared for most situations.

Pax,

Newbius



*Note to the FTC: Everything above was bought and paid for by me, some with prices too dear to think about. I am not being compensated for this, so piss off.

No comments: