Saturday, October 15, 2011

Range day today

Sorry, no pictures of the Redhead punching paper...

Took the new Colt out for its first run through.  One magazine had two FTF issues.  Twice, magazine #4 (yes, my mags are numbered) popped the last round near vertical and jammed.  Not sure what it is, but will monitor it. 

One other issue: Gun began shooting right of aim point.   When I got home, this is what I saw:
The set screw for the rear sight had backed itself out, leaving the rear sight to shift with recoil. I tightened it, but I know that I am going to have to spend some time sighting it in again.

Mrs. Newbius did well, but began anticipating the shots (causing the barrel to dip and the shots to go low) after a few magazines. We will work on it. Maybe we can both take a basic pistol course and brush up on our fundamentals.

The Astra A-100 is still functioning properly after the repair. I am glad to have this one back in the stable (er, desk drawer). It has a lot of sentimental value, and is a solid gun (especially given its original price point).

The XDm-45 still runs without a hitch. In fact, I think I am now over 2,500 rounds through the XDm-45 and it has never failed in any way. It has fed, fired, and extracted every round without fail and is pretty accurate too. I cannot ask for anything more in a handgun. This is my daily carry gun and I appreciate the reliability.

Tonight is going to be spent relaxing with my bride, eating homemade pizza and drinking good wine. Life is good.

Pax,

Newbius

2 comments:

Alan said...

Sigh, Newbius pizza. I miss it so.

Old NFO said...

Can't ask for better than that :-)