Monday, January 31, 2011

The State of Wal-Mart Shelves

Specifically, the ammunition shelves. The last few times I have visited my local Wally World, the ammunition shelves have had stock on them. This is unusual, in that it has been difficult, nigh-impossible, to purchase ammunition in any kind of quantity since 11/2008.

This has changed. Ever since 11/2010, the supplies have been slowly increasing. I do not know if this correlation indicates causation with regard to the elections, but, it is a data point nonetheless.

Today, I purchased enough WWB .45ACP to supply the next two or three practice sessions, as well as 3 boxes of Federal .22LR for use or trade. Most surprisingly, there were at least 3 different types of .380 on the shelves, and that hasn't happened in a few years. I wonder if Breda has enough? :)

Keep up on your preparations. The short-term ride is looking bumpy...

Newbius

2 comments:

ViolentIndifference said...

I have had access to a lot of different .380 ammo. I think I offered Breda some at one point.

Anonymous said...

I have the same observation where I live in VA. No shortages at all now.